In this video I discuss how you can get the most out of your Tarot card reading. Check it out below!
Don’t have time to watch a video? Get the quick tips here:
First – Why would you want to prepare for your reading in advance?
I suppose it depends on what your reasons are for getting a reading done in the first place. From my perspective, a Tarot card reading is an investment and can be pricey. When you are spending between $60 and $150 for a reading, it is beneficial to take away some tangible things from the reading for further contemplation and study. Also, if you get a future reading done, you have some points for comparison. Additionally, it can be frustrating trying to remember the reading a few weeks later and then you forget a particular card. If it is all recorded, you can easily refer to it. Being able to consult the reading facilitates creating a list of action items so you can remember what you are supposed to do and figure out.
Now that we know why we would want to prepare for the reading, here are some ways to do it:
- Draw out the spread layout in a diagram. The layout shows how many cards are laid out, the order of the cards, the pattern or design, and the positional meanings. This can be quickly hand drawn or I like to give a printout to all my clients.
- Take a photo of the resulting spread of the actual cards that are drawn. This is also a nice way to meditate on the cards later…stare into the cards, step into the cards, spark your imagination. There are so many beautiful Tarot card decks nowadays that it is nice to have a keepsake.
- Record the reading. Especially for longer readings, it is just not possible to listen to everything the reader is saying. Sometimes your brain wanders off into thought and you return to the reading a couple minutes later and have missed some things. A voice recording eliminates this challenge.
- Be actively engaged. Ask questions. Ask for clarifications. Take notes and write down keywords, phrases and symbols.
- Review the reading same day and a couple days later. Keep it fresh. Jot down any additional ideas or thoughts. Your right brain may working out some of the issues and if you review the reading later, your right brain will have the opportunity to speak up.
- Review reading for re-occurring signs, symbols, colours, numbers, etc. Repeating signs are an important part of the reading message.
- Use your intuition. What resonates? What doesn’t fit? Your feelings and intuition counts and be sure to match everything up to what you feel or know to be true for you.
That’s it! Of course you do not have to do everything on this list. These are ideas that you can take with you to your upcoming reading so that you can get the most out of it.